Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 51810
Installer hangs after custom partitioning with Disk Druid
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:35:55 EDT
Description of problem:
I am trying to make a workstation install on a primary HDD connected to
the seccond IDE (hdc). After I made several atempts to set the size for
the root partition by playing with the begin/end cilinder values, the
installer hangs when I push the Next button.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. manual partitioning with Disk Druid for "hdc"
2. set the root partition - hdc1 - with ext3 file system, force primary
partition and bad block(s) checking marked
3. set swap partition - hdc2 - with primary partition and bad block(s)
4. use the "edit" dialog box several times for adjusting the sizes for the
above mentioned partitions to the desired ones by playing with the
begin/end cilinder values (in my case ~9.5 GB hdc1 & ~ 256 MB hdc2)
5. installer hangs when the "next" button is pressed, debug information is
Created attachment 27953 [details]
debug info provided by the installer
Is this in GUI or text mode?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 50905 ***
Is it possible to have the fix as a patch at runtime? I recall some releases
ago a patch being released for the installer which was a mere few lines python
script, but I can't recall the options used to make the installer ask for it.
Anyway, I'm diging the Rawhide archives right now to learn more about the
latest release of anaconda.