Created attachment 360782 [details]
Description of problem:
Sometimes, fast user switching results in blank login screen. There is no user list, no login/cancel icons. It is just an empty grey box there, and the mouse pointer seems loading forever. If choose to suspend from the Power icon at the bottom right, it can recover. This is without KMS.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Ensure the 'nomodeset' in your bootloader configuration (need it for basic
X operation to suceed).
2. Ensure the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, or is a known-good
configuration file that uses the 'radeon' driver
3. Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
4. Create a second regular user account, if you do not already have one
5. Trigger fast switching (in a default Fedora desktop, click your name at
the top right hand corner, then select Switch User)
Blank Login screen.
Login screen with user list and usual buttons.
Created attachment 360783 [details]
dmesg -- nomodeset
Created attachment 360784 [details]
Xorg.0.log -- nomodeset
Looks like the login screen is GDM. Here is the version,
This might not be a driver specific problem, since it happens for another machine with Intel card.
we've been investigating this in the blocker bug review meeting this morning. it seems there are many reports of this type across multiple types of video hardware. closing all reports as dupes of 512944, which is the earliest report. 512944 will be marked as a release blocker.
Fedora Bugzappers volunteer triage team
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 512944 ***