please package the new version of pygame 1.9.1.
What's new (heaps of things since 1.8.1): http://www.pygame.org/whatsnew.shtml
Summary of changes:
- many, many fixes and improvements. The largest amount of changes has gone
into this release than any other pygame release.
- bug fixes for backwards compatibility issues introduced in pygame 1.8.x
series. old games like solarwolf and libraries like PGU work again.
- experimental camera webcam module (still in development).
- experimental midi module based on portmidi and pyportmidi (99% complete).
- experimental gfxdraw module based on SDL_gfx (including AA circles,
textured polygons and other goodness).
- python3, and python3.1 support mostly completed. Some modules still remain
to be completed - but mostly it's working.
- nokia mobile phone s60 support.
- improved OSX support (dropped pyobjc dependency, improved installer,
sysfont now works on OSX).
- pygame.examples + pygame.tests included with pygame. This makes testing
easier, and also makes learning pygame more fun and easy.
- cleanup of examples, and addition of new examples.
- new tools to aid in development of pygame itself, better compilation
- py2app, and py2exe support improved.
I have a build ready and can commit an build for rawhide. I've tested it on F-11 with the games I play and the games I written, with no ill effects.
Still testing, still playing, still no breakage so far. I think I'll commit and build for rawhide on Wednesday 10/14 if there are no objections.
Committed and built in rawhide.