The following was filed automatically by anaconda:
anaconda 12.32 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devicelibs/lvm.py", line 246, in vgcreate
raise LVMError("vgcreate failed for %s" % vg_name)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devices.py", line 1720, in create
lvm.vgcreate(self.name, pv_list, self.peSize)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/deviceaction.py", line 204, in execute
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 707, in processActions
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/__init__.py", line 265, in doIt
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 110, in turnOnFilesystems
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 200, in moveStep
rc = stepFunc(self.anaconda)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 123, in gotoNext
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1195, in nextClicked
LVMError: vgcreate failed for VolGroup00
Created attachment 363470 [details]
Attached traceback automatically from anaconda.
Steps to reproduce:
download boot.iso from rawhide-20091001, (anaconda-12.32)
1. # dd if=/dev/zero of=images/2GB_a.img bs=2M count=1000
2. # qemu-kvm -cdrom boot.iso -hda images/2GB_a.img -m 512 -net nic,model=virtio -net user -boot d
3. re-initialize drive when asked
4. select "Replace existing Linux system"
5. click Next, confirm writing to disk
6. select network interface, click OK
7. on the package screen select Back and Exit installer
8. exit qemu
10. # cp images/2GB_a.img images/2GB_b.img
11. # qemu-kvm -cdrom boot.iso -hda images/2GB_a.img -m 512 -net nic,model=virtio -net user -hdb images/2GB_b.img -boot d
12. when asked to Ignore/Re-initialize drive, select Ignore
13. select "Create custom layout"
14. create new VG using only one of the PVs found, create new LV, mount point /, fs ext4
15. create second VG on the second PV, create new LV, format as swap.
16. create /boot partition on existing sda1, fs ext4
17. click next, confirm formatting and writing changes to disk
18. see error with traceback
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 12 development cycle.
Changing version to '12'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 527711 ***