From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT)
Description of problem:
System hangs on bootup since ext3 module is compiled into ram disk
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create initrd with mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.7-2.img 2.4.7-2
2. Substitute entries in /etc/fstab with ext3
Actual Results: System hangs after loading the ext3 modules (ext, jbd)
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot, /sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init=option to kernel.
Expected Results: Normal startup with / journalled.
- I don't think there's a problem with initrd, since Ram Disk is found and
the appropriated modules are loaded.
- I have to mount my installation in rescue mode to delete /boot/initrd-
2.4.7-2.img from lilo configuration. After this everything works fine.
- Other filesystems in my system are mounted with journalled function.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 52143 ***