Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 535957
upgrade to RichFaces 3.2.x
Last modified: 2013-08-05 20:34:21 EDT
There are tons of bug fixes in this release, as well as a number of features we could take advantage of (see http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310341&styleName=Html&version=12311320). Here are a few examples of features I think we could leverage:
- DataTable sorting and filtering - http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/RF-1736
- File upload component - http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/RF-238
- Combo box component - http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/RF-984
- Progress bar component - http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/RF-1686
- skinnable buttons and input fields - http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/RF-402
3.2.0.SR1 is out now with more fixes
Done - r1084.
I smoke-tested the GUI, and everything seems to still work, but it will get more thorough testing as the rest of the dev team and QA pound on it over the next few weeks.
"upgraded RichFaces from 3.1.3.GA to 3.2.1.GA"
Downgraded from 3.2.1.GA to 3.2.0.GA, due to a couple bugs Heiko found in 3.2.1.GA (one only on MacOS and one on both MacOS and Linux) - r1110.
Heiko, if/when you create RF JIRA issues for the two bugs, please link them off this case.
I understand this isn't actually complete
Well, it sort of is. We ended up moving up to 3.2.0.GA. We decided not to go to 3.2.1.GA due to the issues Heiko was seeing on Mac.
See also: http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-12902 (Whats new in 3.2.2SR1)
we've been at 3.3.0.GA for a few weeks now, and the app has gotten a sufficient exercising. several bugs have shaken out now due to QAs growing regression automation.
This bug was previously known as http://jira.rhq-project.org/browse/RHQ-358