Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 536275
set up maven poms so we can publish jars at time of release to the jboss maven repo (use java.net wagon-svn extension)
Last modified: 2013-08-05 20:35:10 EDT
We could either:
1) try to get the Wagon-SVN (https://wagon-svn.dev.java.net/) Maven extension working and publish release artifacts directly to the JBoss Maven repo SVN repo.
2) publish artifacts to the a checkout of the JBoss Maven repo on the local filesystem and then checkin the updates. this procedure is described at http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-11376.
ian, should this be done in 1.2?
r3444 and r3445 update our root pom and sample settings.xml, so that the procedure described at http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-11376 can be used to publish release jars to the JBoss Maven repo.
In a nutshell, the procedure is:
1) Checkout the JBoss Maven repo source from SVN:
svn co https://svn.jboss.org/repos/repository.jboss.org/maven2/ jboss-m2-repo
2) In ~/.m2/settings.xml, set jboss.repository.root to the full path to a checkout of the JBoss Maven repo (e.g. C:/Projects/jboss-m2-repo)
1) Checkout release tag of RHQ (or Jopr), e.g.:
svn co http://svn.rhq-project.org/repos/rhq/tags/RHQ_1_1_2_GA/ rhq-1.1.2
2) Run 'mvn release' from dir where the tag is checked out.
3) svn commit the local checkout of the JBoss Maven repo.
Note, we went with option 2, since it's easier to setup and what is recommended on the JBoss Maven wiki.
This bug was previously known as http://jira.rhq-project.org/browse/RHQ-642