Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 536376
Content Source "Test Connection" only works when CSP feed is "Active"
Last modified: 2014-05-02 13:52:24 EDT
When user tries to click the "Test Connection" button, s/he gets error message, even though everything does appear to be functioning correctly.
1. Administration > View all Content Sources > JBoss Patch Content Source
2. Click the "Test Connection" button.
3. Edit the CSP Feed settings and set the feed to Active
4. Click the "Test Connection" button.
* "Test Connection" should be inaccessible if Feed is not Active -or-
* A feed should not necessarily require being Active prior to testing.
* While feed is not active, user gets a message akin to the following when attempting to test connection:
Failed the attempt to connect to the remote repository for [JBoss Patch Content Source] Check the configuration and make sure the remote repository is up.
* The correct behaviour seems to me to be that the user is able to test connection, even if it is not active. After all, user may want to diagnose connectivity in the first place before trying a live feed.
corey, thanks for all the detail. i'm assuming this to be low-hanging fruit, so let's shoot for 1.1
hangs too low
This bug was previously known as http://jira.rhq-project.org/browse/RHQ-731
ON QA to see if this is still the case. Reopen if the behavior still occurs, otherwise close.
Tested on JON 2.4 GA
Clicking on test connection button when content source is set to active gives the message
"Test passed - the remote repository for [JBoss CSP Patch Feed] is available. "
Clicking on test connection button when content source is not set to active gives the message
"Test failed - failed to connect to the remote repository for [JBoss CSP Patch Feed] - check the configuration and make sure the remote repository is up and reachable. Details: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:null -> java.lang.Exception:Content source is NOT set to active - connection cannot be established."