Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 539956
qemu-kvm can not boot guest
Last modified: 2009-11-22 10:11:59 EST
Description of problem:
kvm: unhandled exit 7
kvm_run returned -22
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
[sergeil@homedesk ~]$ rpm -qf `which qemu-kvm`
Steps to Reproduce:
1. qemu-kvm -localtime -hda rawhide.img -boot c -m 1024
error message and stop guest booting after message
ata0 master ...
boot guest system and work
1. `qemu-kvm -no-kvm -hda fedora12.img -boot c` work as expected
2. [sergeil@homedesk ~]$ uname -r
3. [sergeil@homedesk ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model name"
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz
4. Disk image is created and work OK under Fedora-11
rebuild and installing qemu-0.11.0-12.fc13.src.rpm from rawhide decided my problem.
This is actually a KSM issue that only appears when running on a 32bit host. Using the kernel update from updates-testing will resolve the issue. You can also 'service ksmtuned stop; service ksm stop' after the system has booted to temporarily restore functionality until the new kernel is shipping.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 532215 ***