From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)
Description of problem:
I get no output when trying to print to my HP LaserJet 5M. The printer
shows on its panel that its gets some data, but nothing happens. After
some seconds the printer shows READY. I've already installed the foomatic-
1.1-0.20011018.7 update. I used printconf-gui to setup the printer using
JetDirect network print server. I tried different printer drivers:
Postscript, Text, HP LAserJet 5M -> Postscript, HP LaserJet 5 -> all
drivers. I also tested the different options for every printer driver:
Regenerate Postscript, Ghostscript Prefiltering Postscript Level 1 and 2.
Simple text printing seems to work. But all of my postscript jobs are
being ignored (postscript test page or a2ps)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use printconf-gui to setup a HP LaserJet 5M via JetDirect
2. try to print a postscript job
Please also have a look at bug number 56892. My system is also setup in german.
Yes, maybe it is related with bug 56892. Just try it with another locale, while logging in with the gdm chooser and we will see...
Just take the simplest locale POSIX/C (to be found in the menu language/other), otherwise a segmentation fault will occur, more information at bug 56892 .
Sorry, but changing the locale doesn't help for me. Still the printer gets some
data, but nothing is printed at all. And a2ps seems not to be the problem as I
can use gv to view the postscript output without any problem.
FWIW, with the latest tree, I had no problems printing to our HP Laserjet 6p,
connected to a JetDirect.
Weird. I just deleted my printer setup via printconf-gui. Afterwards I recreated
my printer as standard postscript and remote LPD and now everything works
without any problem. Even a2ps Postscript output is printed correctly.
Perhaps it was a bad cache value or something. Okay, closing. Odd though..