abrt 1.1.0 detected a crash.
Attached file: backtrace
cmdline: /usr/libexec/evolution-data-server-2.28 --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_DataServer_InterfaceCheck --oaf-ior-fd=28
reason: Process /usr/libexec/evolution-data-server-2.28 was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
release: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.0 Beta (Santiago)
Not sure what causes this bug, but I run into it at least once a day with RHEL6 Beta. Usually it has been running for a few hours before crashing.
I have 1 mail server configured with imap4s - gssapi. I have several web-calendars, and one caldav calendar.
How to reproduce
1. Run evolution
Created attachment 413815 [details]
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux major release. Product Management has requested further
review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for potential inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Major release. This request is not yet committed for
OS Release: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.0 Beta (Santiago)
How to reproduce
1. Run Evolution
3. Eventually it gets a SEGFAULT
Ran evolution. Eventually it crashes.
This may be a dup of BZ 413815, but I have a better stack trace that I will attach.
Created attachment 415479 [details]
Complete stack trace from new incident
I tried to find a corresponding upstream bug report, but no luck. Could you try to run Evolution under valgrind for some time, whether it'll show anything useful, please? I know if it's a timing issue then the slowness while run under valgrind may hid it, but please try it. I would suggest running these two commands:
$ export G_SLICE=always-malloc
$ valgrind evolution &>evo.log
and keep it running for some time, maybe over night. Then there may be something useful in the evo.log file in the morning.
Thanks in advance.
*** Bug 595502 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This issue has been proposed when we are only considering blocker
issues in the current Red Hat Enterprise Linux release. It has
been denied for the current Red Hat Enterprise Linux release.
** If you would still like this issue considered for the current
release, ask your support representative to file as a blocker on
your behalf. Otherwise ask that it be considered for the next
Red Hat Enterprise Linux release. **
*** Bug 623797 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I tried running with valgrind for a week, but it didn't reproduce the issue, and
was painfully slow.
This week I tried running tcpdump to capture the data between my host and the mail and calendar servers. Unfortunately most of the data is encrypted. If it is useful I can provide the tcpdump, and the crash file to someone at Red Hat who can analyse it more thoroughly that I.
The TCP dump is not much useful for me too, unfortunately. It's pity it didn't crash with valgrind, so it seems it's some timing issue, when threads are overlapping. Nonetheless, without some steps/data to reproduce it's hard to tell for sure.
Since RHEL 6.1 External Beta has begun, and this bug remains
unresolved, it has been rejected as it is not proposed as an
exception or blocker.
Red Hat invites you to ask your support representative to
propose this request, if appropriate and relevant, in the
next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.