Description of problem:
While trying to install F13 RC3 through a http proxy, kickstart file is not retrieved.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot install media, hit tab at grub menu
2. Add proxy=http://proxy.home:3128 to the kernel line
3. Hit enter and attempt to install
kickstart file is not retrieved
kickstart file should be retrieved and next stage of Anaconda should be loaded
If you have them, could you attach the /tmp/*log files to this? I'll try to reproduce it as well.
I tried this with F13 RC3 netboot iso. Passed it proxy=http://proxy.home:3128 ks=http://proxy.home/ks/f13-minimal.ks
It retrieves the ks file and stores it into /tmp/ks.cfg
In our case, we are retrieving the kickstart file from a Spacewalk server, so maybe this is an incompatibility caused by the latest Anaconda patch additions. Just thought it was a F13 client problem because F12 worked fine, even with proxy set.
Going to check on Spacewalk side, now.
Btw. thanks for trying to reproduce this issue.
A couple of things to look for:
* Check /tmp/anaconda.log which near the top should show that it downloaded your kickstart file
* Look at /tmp/ks.cfg which should be your kickstart file
You can do this by switching to tty2 after the GUI part of the installer has started.
Thanks for the advice, but the installation does not went that far.