Description of problem:
Compose window not reflecting changes to images
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a compose window
2. Drag and drop an image into the compose window
3. Delete the image from the compose window by clicking Del
(note: I'm not expecting live updates in the preview, I'm actually trying to remove the image and re-add it)
4. Manually edit the image with a different program like GIMP
5. Drag and drop the same image into the same compose window
6. The compose window preview continues to display the original image without edits.
Compose window continues to show a preview of the older version of the image
Compose window must display the latest version of changes on re-adding the image
On sending the email, the delivered image is the latest version on disk so this is an aesthetic issue limited to the compose window only. Renaming the image or moving it to a different location updates the preview to the latest (when following the above mentioned steps).
added "thunderbird" to the summary to make it identifiable.
We filed this bug in the upstream database (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=569117) and believe that it is more appropriate to let it be resolved upstream.
We will continue to track the issue in the centralized upstream bug tracker, and will review any bug fixes that become available for consideration in future updates.
Thank you for the bug report.