Bug 60011 - Fails to install ver 4.1.0 upgrade
Summary: Fails to install ver 4.1.0 upgrade
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: up2date (Show other bugs)
(Show other bugs)
Version: 7.1
Hardware: athlon Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Adrian Likins
QA Contact: David Lawrence
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2002-02-19 01:02 UTC by Need Real Name
Modified: 2007-04-18 16:40 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2003-05-22 12:52:13 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)


External Trackers
Tracker ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Red Hat Product Errata RHBA-2002:044 normal SHIPPED_LIVE Updated up2date and rhn_register clients available 2002-03-06 05:00:00 UTC
Red Hat Product Errata RHBA-2002:050 normal SHIPPED_LIVE Updated up2date and rhn_register clients available 2002-03-22 05:00:00 UTC

Description Need Real Name 2002-02-19 01:02:17 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.77 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.9-21 i686)

Description of problem:
When trying to upgrade to version using up2date 2.7.11-7.x.1 , with retreive
source
option selected repeatedly failed to install. No error messages were noticed and
display
was locked up. At first it appeared to be ISP disconnecting before downloading
was finished . I killed up2date and restarted and always up2date would reload
previuosly downloaded (not yet installed) RPM's. looked in /var/spool/up2date/
and noticed some packages did not have source RPM's - only binaries present . I
disabled retrieve source option via Update agent configuration . Installation
finished with no further problems packages did not have source RPM's - only
binaries present . I disabled retrieve source option via Update agent
configuration . Installation finished with no further problems


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.use update agent with retrieve source option 56kbs ISP
2.update Mesa/Xfree86 packages

3.unknown if lockup caused by my ISP or up2date1.
2.
3.
	

Actual Results:  console locked, upon restarting all packages downloaded before
were reloaded


Expected Results:  all packages completely loaded are bypassed while those not
completely downloaded are reloaded then those not yet loaded then all are
installed after restarting up2date


Additional info:

Normal operation of up2date is to reload only RPM's that were not completely
loaded at time of download interuption. this is the first proble with source
RPM's that 
I have noticed

Comment 1 Mike A. Harris 2002-02-22 03:31:15 UTC
This has nothing to do with XFree86.  Reassigning to up2date.

Comment 2 Mike A. Harris 2002-02-24 15:36:24 UTC
Also, just for clarification, XFree86 has one single source rpm, which
creates about 15-18 separate binary rpms.  So downloading XFree86 update
would give you one src.rpm for XFree86, one for Mesa, one for xinitrc,
one for Xconfigurator...

Comment 3 Matt Jamison 2003-05-22 12:52:13 UTC
it's fixed in current versions of up2date.

closing bug.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.