It also occurs in RHEL6.
Version-Release number of selected component
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #612080 +++
Created an attachment (id=430007)
Description of problem:
virt-v2v actually doesn't install virtio drivers(network and block).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run V2V to convert Windows guest
(virt-v2v -i libvirtxml -ic xen://system -o rhev -osd path 2k8-64b-hv-raw-intel.xml).
2. in RHEVM, run 2k8-64b-hv-raw virtual machine.
3. choose device manager->Disk drivers->Red Hat Virtio Scsi Disk Device properties->Driver tab.
4. choose ok or cancel button, and then choose reboot in system settings change dialog windows.
5. Please see attachment for more details.
virt-v2v actually doesn't install virtio drivers(network and block)
virt-v2v can install virtio's driver.
--- Additional comment from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2010-07-07 05:38:43 EDT ---
Created an attachment (id=430008)
--- Additional comment from email@example.com on 2010-07-07 05:47:32 EDT ---
Created an attachment (id=430013)
--- Additional comment from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2010-07-07 05:59:06 EDT ---
It occurs on virt-v2v-0.6.1-1.el5,libguestfs-1.2.7-1.el5.6 and perl-libguestfs-1.2.7-1.el5.6
After conversion, there are several issue we find:
1. "Found New Device" will pop up When login Windows guest.
2. Virtio Network driver isn't installed, so there is an exclamation mark in "Device Manager"
3. Although there is no exclamation mark with block, the driver info from "ISCSI Controller Properties" is unkown
For details, pls see the above attachment.
This issue has been proposed when we are only considering blocker
issues in the current Red Hat Enterprise Linux release. It has
been denied for the current Red Hat Enterprise Linux release.
** If you would still like this issue considered for the current
release, ask your support representative to file as a blocker on
your behalf. Otherwise ask that it be considered for the next
Red Hat Enterprise Linux release. **
More specified description is in Bug 615981.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 615981 ***