I saw a typo in a printed version of a presentation so I opened it up and used the search capability to look for the word. found it and corrected, then did file->save. Now if I exit out of OOo via File->Exit it gets a segfault:
/usr/lib64/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: line 127: 3578 Segmentation fault (core dumped) "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"
I tried it on a second document and got the same fault.
[burke@localhost rh-summit]$ rpm -qa | grep office
Steps to reproduce:
1. create new presentation
2. Edit->Find and Replace
3. search for something, like 'a'; click off the msgbox reporting that the string was not found
Seems to be OK in DEV300_m84.
dtardon->tburke: I'm not sure this qualifies as a blocker:
1. It only happens if you leave the find dialog open.
2. It only happens on exit. It's not like you wanted to continue to use the app and it crashed on you :)
3. All files have been saved or discarded already, so there is no danger of data loss and no annoying recovery dialog on the next start.
Still, if we have an easy fix it's no skin off our nose to jam it in.
Created attachment 431455 [details]
fix for that
The fix has been committed as a part of find toolbar implementation (changeset 7222222b05a3). Here is just the relevant part of the whole commit.
building as openoffice.org-3.2.1-19.5.el6
Verified on openoffice.org-writer-3.2.1-19.5.el6
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 is now available and should resolve
the problem described in this bug report. This report is therefore being closed
with a resolution of CURRENTRELEASE. You may reopen this bug report if the
solution does not work for you.