Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 613009
perftest terminates with signal 6
Last modified: 2011-08-12 12:20:50 EDT
Created attachment 430684 [details]
During cluster testing I found attached core file.
I hope you will know what to do with it.
How reproducible: Occasionally (probably on broker exit, while
the client was still running).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run two brokers in a cluster (but maybe this is not vital)
2. while qpid-perftest --base-name prvy; do :; done
3. Shut down the broker on which perftest is connected.
Actual results: Core is dumped.
Expected results: Connection should be closed cleanly on the client side.
Without core file.
Happened on mrg26.lab.bos.redhat.com
I am unable to reproduce this after many runs on mrg10. Could you give a little more information, please?
1. Were the brokers running on the same box as the client (perftest)?
2. How were the brokers started (ie what command-line options)?
3. How was the broker stopped? ie Ctl-C (SIGTERM) or kill/pkill -9 (SIGKILL)?
4. What is the timing between starting perftest and killing the broker?
Sorry, I was in a hurry that time and did not note the exact settings
into the description.
I was running the brokers with:
on mrg26: qpidd --known-hosts-url amqp:tcp:18.104.22.168,rdma:192.168.55.26 --cluster-name=ahoj --cluster-url amqp:rdma:192.168.55.26 --tcp-nodelay
on mrg25: qpidd -m1 --port=12345 --cluster-name=ahoj --cluster-url amqp:rdma:192.168.55.25:12345 --known-hosts-url amqp:tcp:22.214.171.124:12345,rdma:192.168.55.25:12345 --tcp-nodelay
and killed the broker on mrg26 with CTRL-C. Perftest was running on mrg26.
The timing between starting perftest and killing the broker is the most
fuzzy thing here. I do not know and the core was emitted when I was not
focusing at that window with perftest so I found it just acccidentally
when switching among windows (in screen(1)).
I have not succeeded in reproducing this as yet; I suggest moving it out of 1.3.
As far as I remember, I was not able to reproduce it with later versions.
Yes please, I am moving it into 1.3.1 and will re-test later, then
probably close if it will not show up anymore.
I am closing this as NOTABUG.