Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 615086
gdm greeter - Other... prompts for smartcard PIN
Last modified: 2015-01-04 18:43:20 EST
Created attachment 432235 [details]
Description of problem:
- enable smartcard logon.
- Have an enrolled smartcard plugged in
- gdm will automatically select smartcard authentication and ask for PIN
- hit cancel
- select Other in hopes to login as 'root' for example...
- selecting Other still asks for SmartCard PIN.
- See attached screenshot.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. see description
- see description
- selecting other should always ASK for a username and definitely not the smartcard pin.
I guess we really want Other to be password only, not fingerprint or smartcard. That was a thinko on my part.
*** Bug 616767 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I have some local fixes for this bug. I'll commit them tomorrow after I've done some smoke testing.
This should be all set now.
*** Bug 616791 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
it works well now, Other is password only, Smartcard has no username prompt and you can use all types of auth via user name
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 is now available and should resolve
the problem described in this bug report. This report is therefore being closed
with a resolution of CURRENTRELEASE. You may reopen this bug report if the
solution does not work for you.