Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 625109
Reports from setroubleshoot and anaconda using report library gives bad product name, reporting to GSS not working
Last modified: 2010-11-10 16:29:52 EST
Created attachment 439418 [details]
generated xml report file
Description of problem:
XML report file from setroubleshoot is attached.
Product is just 'Redhat' instead of 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux'.
It means that GSS/Avalon/Strata server does not accept such report right now.
It means customers won't be able to report selinux problems to GSS.
We need to fix this in report, or possibly implement workaround in GSS servers.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create AVC message eg. using 'runcon -u system_u -r object_r -t httpd_t /bin/bash'
2. run 'sealert -b' hit report button and save to local file
3. inspect the file, namely product binding part
Product set to 'Redhat'
Product set to 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux'
Product is badly inserted also when trying to upload xml file without product binding using report command.
Created attachment 439419 [details]
Server complains about the product
Created attachment 439622 [details]
Server complains about the product - from within Anaconda
'Redhat is not a valid product' sounds horribly. We should definitely fix it.
As described by above attachment, reporting from within Anaconda installer is also affected. Raising priority and severity.
From within Anaconda, it is not possible to create a new case for GSS.
But attaching to existing case works.
Chris -- is the latest version of report from the RHEL repos pulled in automatically?
> Chris -- is the latest version of report from the RHEL repos pulled in
Yes, whatever's current in the repo when buildinstall is run is what will be pulled into the install images.
(In reply to comment #2)
> Created attachment 439622 [details]
> Server complains about the product - from within Anaconda
> 'Redhat is not a valid product' sounds horribly. We should definitely fix it.
What installation media are you using to get this result from Anaconda, when i try it with the latest nightly build it works fine.
(I am able to reproduce the selinux case, so there is a problem, just i can't reproduce it in anaconda)
Created attachment 440075 [details]
Fixes this bz
I need a blocker+ before i can push/tag/build the fix for this. Please let me know what
The patch is attached to this bz.
The scratch build is at: https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/taskinfo?taskID=2697670
I've tested this fix within an installed RHEL6 latest nightly using sealert, which now works correctly with this fix.
I've also tested this fix while installing RHEL6 latest nightly, and this fix doesn't break it.
Ah, I just figured out why i could not reproduce this problem under anaconda. Yes, this change does also fix the above mentioned problem under anaconda.
I tried your scratch build.
It fixes problems with sealert.
I suppose it also fixes Anaconda problem, but I don't know how to get Anaconda installer using scratch-build report lib. When in compose, it should be easy and quick to test Anaconda too. I also run all other automated tests to be sure this does not break something, seems ok.
So, I would say we are ready to receive a blocker now :-).
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 is now available and should resolve
the problem described in this bug report. This report is therefore being closed
with a resolution of CURRENTRELEASE. You may reopen this bug report if the
solution does not work for you.