Bug 639813 - ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve for php-common
ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve for php-common
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Classification: Red Hat
Component: yum (Show other bugs)
5.7
All Linux
low Severity medium
: rc
: ---
Assigned To: packaging-team-maint
BaseOS QE Security Team
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2010-10-04 02:05 EDT by otis
Modified: 2014-01-21 01:19 EST (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2013-03-14 15:21:15 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description otis 2010-10-04 02:05:29 EDT
Description of problem:

Cannot not update php because it says the following:

ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
php-common is needed by (installed) php-pdo-5.2.8-1.el5.art.i386
php-common is needed by (installed) php-ldap-5.2.8-1.el5.art.i386
php-common is needed by (installed) php-mbstring-5.2.8-1.el5.art.i386
Complete!


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

5.2.8-1.el5 updating from 5.1.6-27

How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1. yum update php
2. 
3.
  
Actual results:

ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
php-common is needed by (installed) php-pdo-5.2.8-1.el5.art.i386
php-common is needed by (installed) php-ldap-5.2.8-1.el5.art.i386
php-common is needed by (installed) php-mbstring-5.2.8-1.el5.art.i386
Complete!


Expected results:

php will be updated successfully

Additional info:
Comment 1 otis 2010-10-04 02:17:11 EDT
Also I ran 'yum clean all' still no change. I ran 'rpm -qa php\*' and here is what it says:

php-5.1.6-23.2.el5_3
php-pdo-5.2.8-1.el5.art
php-ldap-5.2.8-1.el5.art
php-cli-5.1.6-23.2.el5_3
php-mbstring-5.2.8-1.el5.art
php-common-5.1.6-23.2.el5_3
php-mysql-5.1.6-23.2.el5_3
php-gd-5.1.6-23.2.el5_3
Comment 2 James Antill 2010-10-04 08:14:06 EDT
You have a mix of versions, with the .art versions coming from some third party repo. ... that is pretty suspicious.

The message is saying that rpm thinks there is an existing problem in the rpmdb (likely due to the mix of versions). Try running "package-cleanup --problems".
Comment 3 otis 2010-10-04 18:12:27 EDT
Looks like that was it. I removed the .art files and then reinstalled with the the repo listed in the yum repo files.  That is pretty strange. Thank you. Problem solved!

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.