Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 647158
[abrt] gnome-screensaver-2.28.3-1.fc12: raise: Process /usr/bin/gnome-screensaver was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)
Last modified: 2015-01-14 18:26:17 EST
abrt version: 1.1.13
Attached file: backtrace
reason: Process /usr/bin/gnome-screensaver was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)
release: Fedora release 12 (Constantine)
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
Screen 1 "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
Option "Xinerama" "on"
Option "AIGLX" "off"
# Boardname "8400GS"
# BoardName "ati-9715"
Option "Composite" "Enable"
How to reproduce
1. Attempting to set up dual monitor, trying different drivers in xorg.conf (ati, catalyst, fglrx)
2. Drivers were as shown in "comments" below.
3. Went to bed, found Bug notification (red light) this morning.
4. Previously tried nVidia proprietary but removed in favour of "nouveau" because of mutual interference with 'catalyst'
5. Presently have no 'Ctrl-Alt-F2' capability.
6. No screensaver "security" when I returned to machine this morning (screen blanked but no login requirement).
7. "Security" did not return since.
8. [BusID "PCI:5:0:0"] works fine (1600x1200) with nouveau
9. Will now continue search for driver for [BusID "PCI:1:5:0" display] because it is blank/black
Created attachment 455965 [details]
This message is a reminder that Fedora 12 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 12. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '12'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 12's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 12 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora please change the 'version' of this
bug to the applicable version. If you are unable to change the version,
please add a comment here and someone will do it for you.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here:
Fedora 12 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2010-12-02. Fedora 12 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.