Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 653517
[RFE] Profiles for low-cost sosreports
Last modified: 2017-02-23 11:36:00 EST
Description of problem:
- sosreport is expensive by default
- For example, lsof can take a lot of resources, specially if network or cluster filesystems are being used
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run sosreport on a server under high load
1. Lot of IO
1. A "profile" option, with profiles such as "minimal", "light", "complete", etc.
2. Only sets of plugins are being called depending on the profile being used
This package has changed ownership in the Fedora Package Database. Reassigning to the new owner of this component.
Filed upstream: https://github.com/sosreport/sosreport/issues/247
The problem described has been handled upstream in https://github.com/sosreport/sosreport/issues/247