Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 654235
[RFE] Modules implementing filters for their files
Last modified: 2017-02-23 11:44:40 EST
- Files such as /etc/passwd are not included
- I don't think anyone is comfortable adding them because the data they contain is particularly sensible.
- For /etc/passwd for example, replacing the account field by its SHA-1, every character in the GECOS field by 'x' would still allow a support engineer to determine if a username is defined there, if yes its shell, etc.
- Such filters belong in the module itself and not in the core of sosreport
- When including the file, the module should be able to specify a filter method.
- We should allow per-line filters (fast and simple), filters that receive the file contents as a string and return the stored contents as another
This package has changed ownership in the Fedora Package Database. Reassigning to the new owner of this component.
The problem described has been moved upstream in