Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 654235
[RFE] Modules implementing filters for their files
Last modified: 2013-08-06 18:11:34 EDT
- Files such as /etc/passwd are not included
- I don't think anyone is comfortable adding them because the data they contain is particularly sensible.
- For /etc/passwd for example, replacing the account field by its SHA-1, every character in the GECOS field by 'x' would still allow a support engineer to determine if a username is defined there, if yes its shell, etc.
- Such filters belong in the module itself and not in the core of sosreport
- When including the file, the module should be able to specify a filter method.
- We should allow per-line filters (fast and simple), filters that receive the file contents as a string and return the stored contents as another
This package has changed ownership in the Fedora Package Database. Reassigning to the new owner of this component.