Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 654247
[RFE] get rid of the diagnostics information
Last modified: 2014-04-01 07:37:56 EDT
- sos should do one thing but well (fast, reliable): gather data.
- Trying to start the diagnostics before/while inside sosreport prevents us from releasing early and often diagnostics tools.
- Outdated/broken messages are annoying, sometimes prevent the generation of the sosreport (eg. historical bug of locale handling in cluster services status)
- All diagnostics features should be completely dropped.
- A new tool, later in the chain, should look at those historical diagnostics features to integrate them.
This package has changed ownership in the Fedora Package Database. Reassigning to the new owner of this component.
Author: Bryn M. Reeves <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue Dec 11 18:31:55 2012 +0000
Remove diagnose() wiring
Complete the removal of the diagnose functionality by removing the
methods in the Plugin class and sosreport module, command line
options and documentation.