I have just performed a clean installation of RedHat 6.1 on
my Pentium II 400 (/boot partition on first IDE drive, /
partition on second IDE drive). When trying to use some
applications/utilities under Gnome I am getting crashes:
Gedit - I made this the default editor. Then I tried to
edit a text file from gmc (right click, edit) and got:
gedit has crashed due to a fatal error (segmentation fault)
gnorpm - I openen the utlity, clicked on install, change
filter, all packages and it crashed:
gnorpm has crashed due to a fatal error (segmentation fault)
rp3 - I was adding the first ISP. It searched for a modem,
gave me its settings, I tried to make some manual changes
and it crashed.
After gedit and rp3 crashed I was unable to use them again -
they crashed each time I did. Gnorpm is ok as long as I
don't reproduce the circumstances of the error.
I reported this to RehHat technical support and they asked
me to report it to you.
I split out the rp3 and gnorpm reports into separate bug tickets.
The gedit bug already in bugzilla as bug #5565