Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 6660
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:37:52 EDT
RedHat 6.1 installed on Pentium II II 400 ('/boot'
partition on first IDE drive, '/' partition on second IDE
drive - both Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 5120 20Gb drives).
I was adding the first ISP. It searched for a modem, gave
me its settings, I tried to make some manual changes and it
crashed. System message was :
rp3 has crashed due to a fatal error (segmentation fault)
After rp3 crashed I was unable to use it again - it crashed
each time I did.
We released rp3-1.0.1 as an upgrade. Can you try upgrading and see
if it helps?
You may need to remove the configuration files it created, as they
may have been corrupted by the original crash and therefore be
causing subsequent crashes.
rm /etc/wvdial.conf /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp*
Then try again with rp3-1.0.1 and see if it works better for you.
Again, please let me know if you can still reproduce either of
these bugs. The first really should be fixed by rp3-1.0.1 and
I've since made the file parsing more robust, so the next release
may be able to deal with some forms of corrupt data files as well.
Let me know if you can reproduce this with rp3-1.0.1. If so, try
and see if it works better. I may release it, or a later version if
other bugs are found, as another errata update.