Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 672453
[Intel 6.1 FEAT] FCoE: fcoe-utils updates
Last modified: 2011-05-19 10:20:21 EDT
Bring FCoE user space up to date in RHEL6.1 to sync-up with Open-FCoE.org fcoe-utils.git:
fcoe-utils.git has moved up to v1.0.17 plus several more bug fixes. This is to request fcoe-utils in RHEL6.1 to be brought up in sync so new bug fixes with open-fcoe.org's fcoe-utils.git.
1) If you pull from the current tip, then:
Please pull from the following git link:
2) If you choose to pull by version tag, then please pull the latest v1.0.17, then include the following three patches on top:
ad1280e fcoeadm: wrong check for connect() ret value
a79467d fcoe-utils: remove named unix socket between foceadm and fcoemon
9b5ba0b fcoemon: cleanup code in creating reply socket
3) If you choose to pull patches based on current RHEL6.0 GA fcoe-utils-1.0.14-9.el6.src.rpm, the list of patches you want are:
I will upload these patches for 1) and 2) as two attachments shortly.
Created attachment 475113 [details]
As described in Comment 1 item 2), these are patches on top of v1.0.17
As described in Comment 1 Item 2), these are the patches on top of v1.0.17 in current open-fcoe.org/fcoe/fcoe-utils.git, if you pull v1.0.17 then please also apply these three on top.
Created attachment 475114 [details]
As described in Description item 3), these are patches on top fcoe-utils-1.0.14-9.el6
As described in Description item 3), these are patches on top fcoe-utils-1.0.14-9.el6 from current tip of open-fcoe.org/fcoe/fcoe-utils.git. If you are pulling patches on top of fcoe-utils-1.0.14-9.el6.src.rpm, then these are the patches to be included, where previously included patches have been excluded. Please refer to the 'descriptions' file in the tar ball fore more details.
(In reply to comment #1)
> Created attachment 475113 [details]
> As described in Comment 1 item 2), these are patches on top of v1.0.17
> As described in Comment 1 Item 2), these are the patches on top of v1.0.17 in
> current open-fcoe.org/fcoe/fcoe-utils.git, if you pull v1.0.17 then please also
> apply these three on top.
I meant to say "Description item 2)" not Comment 1. Also, updates dependency on
Bug 630087 for lldpad updates.
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for
inclusion in the current release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Because the affected component is not scheduled to be updated
in the current release, Red Hat is unfortunately unable to
address this request at this time. Red Hat invites you to
ask your support representative to propose this request, if
appropriate and relevant, in the next release of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux. If you would like it considered as an
exception in the current release, please ask your support
Please disregard the previous comment. This BZ is still being evaluated for 6.1.
would it be acceptable to postpone those updates for 6.2? I'd also like to propose lldpad and fcoe-utils rebase to latests tips for that version.
Hi Petr. We want updates to both fcoe-utils and lldpad in 6.1.
There are two things I'd like to note about this BZ.
1) Once lldpad is updated it will change some header files that it's clients require. Since fcoemon is a client, fcoe-utils needs this patch, which is in the series above, to keep it compatible with lldpad: fcoe-utils-Update-fcoe-utils-to-use-lldpad-and-not-d.patch.
2) It looks like Mike Christie is going to pull in fcoe transport patches. These changes move the create/destroy/etc... entry points to the kernel. They are moving from fcoe.ko to libfcoe.ko. There are patches on the open-fcoe mailing list to complete this change, but I do not intend to commit them to the fcoe-utils.git repository until the kernel changes make it into the mainline kernel. I believe BZ 668114 covers the kernel updates Mike is doing.
Technical note added. If any revisions are required, please edit the "Technical Notes" field
accordingly. All revisions will be proofread by the Engineering Content Services team.
- rebase requested by Intel
- v1.0.17 required for fcoe-utils/lldpad/kernel interoperability
Rebased to 1.0.17. The three requested patches are added on top of that.
CVS done, fcoe-utils-1.0.17-1.el6
Doing SanityOnly testing:
* Latest release of RHEL6.1 contains fcoe-utils-1.0.17-6.el6
* All available RHTS tests PASS:
* rebuilding src.rpm without issues on all archs with the latest RHEL6.1 packages:
~~ Partners and Customers ~~
This bug was included in RHEL 6.1 Beta. Please confirm the status of this request as soon as possible.
If you're having problems accessing 6.1 bits, are delayed in your test execution or find in testing that the request was not addressed adequately, please let us know.
Verified by Intel. Thanks.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.