Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 677612
UMTS 3G doesn't work
Last modified: 2012-07-20 17:56:42 EDT
Description of problem:
There's a strange behaviour of 3G connection recently. When signal is HDSPA, everything is fine, but if it switches to UMTS, I can't receive or send any data via that ppp interface. Interface stays up but can not reach any external address. I tried with different providers and it all the same. Also tried in Windows - works fine there. This leads me to believe that it is software problem in Fedora, but I'm not sure which component is responsible for this.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Any chance you can try the latest ModemManager F14 update, and then get a bit more debug output from modem-manager. Try the following:
1) unplug your device
2) get a root terminal
3) mv /usr/sbin/modem-manager /
4) killall -TERM modem-manager
5) /modem-manager --debug
6) replug your dongle, reproduce the issue
7) paste or attach that log output from modem-manager into this bug report
8) hit Ctl+C to stop modem-manager
9) mv /modem-manager /usr/sbin/modem-manager
and then we can diagnose what's going on.
Closing as the bug has been in NEEDINFO for almost a year.