Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 680565
X server restart when rotating screen
Last modified: 2011-03-17 10:36:28 EDT
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Software from: gfx_test_week_20110221_x86-64.iso
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open Firefox, go to some site serving HTML5 video
2. start gnome-display-properties
3. try to rotate (in any direction)
X Server restarts and user is presented the gdm login prompt.
Screen got rotated properly.
1. When there's no video displayed, but some "other" applications, rotation works.
2. Smolt profile of the system:
Thanks for the bug report. We have reviewed the information you have provided above, and there is some additional information we require that will be helpful in our diagnosis of this issue.
Please add drm.debug=0x04 to the kernel command line, restart computer, and attach
* your X server config file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf, if available),
* X server log file (/var/log/Xorg.*.log)
* output of the dmesg command, and
* system log (/var/log/messages)
to the bug report as individual uncompressed file attachments using the bugzilla file attachment link above.
We will review this issue again once you've had a chance to attach this information.
Thanks in advance.
I tried it today on a freshly started system, without external monitor (only LVDS1). And I was not able to reproduce this any more.
So I believe the reason why this test failed before was because of second display. That's why I suggest closing this bug as duplicate of #680569.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 680569 ***