Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 689007
[RFE] a way to define macro for a short host name instead of FQDN
Last modified: 2015-01-23 11:26:59 EST
1. Customer Name
The University of Sydney
2. What is the nature and description of the request?
a way to define macro for a short host name instead of FQDN
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Alias is the culprit. Output of the command hostname -s ( short ) is often used as an alias, this is a business case for an short name.
4. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
define macro for a short host name instead of FQDN
5. For each functional requirement listed in question 4, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
7. How quickly does this need resolved? (desired target release)
RHN Satellite 5.5
8. Does this request meet the RHEL Inclusion criteria (please review)
9. List the affected packages
10. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
This is addressed in Satellite 6. There are two unique facts which can be used in templates:
If thee are not sufficient, customers can create custom facts and use those.