Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 70229
enhance x configuration tools to support libretto
Last modified: 2007-03-26 23:55:20 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020513
Description of problem:
I just installed 7.3 on my Libretto 100CT. It has an 800x480 screen which was
not correctly set up by Xconfigurator. I got it working very well by tweaking
the config file by hand.
Since the system has no floppy and no cdrom, I have to install the software
using another laptop and then move the hard drive over. So actually testing the
installer is not something I can do. However, once installed I can run
So, I can provide you with whatever info you need to poke the correct bits in to
support this laptop. I don't expect it to be a high priority but I'm willing to
help. (After I get back from vacation in a week.)
Let me know if this is of interest.
Steps to Reproduce:
Haven't tried limbo on this laptop yet, but I have another small hard drive I
could use for this purpose.
800x480 is not a supported resolution, which is probably why things
are not working. You will need to create your own custom 800x480
modeline(s) for the time being, and add them to your X config (or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance doing so). Once you have
working modeline(s), attach the working modelines to the bug report,
along with the full output of "lspci -vvv" and "lspci --vvvn"
Also attach your working XFree86 log.
I may need further additional information once the above has
Created attachment 70904 [details]
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 for libretto 100ct and rh7.3
Created attachment 70905 [details]
/var/log/XFree86.0.log for libretto 100ct and rh7.3
Created attachment 70906 [details]
lspci -vvv for libretto 100ct and rh7.3
Created attachment 70907 [details]
lspci -vvvn for libretto 100ct and rh7.3
let me know if you need anything more. note that the card reports 800x450 for
some reason, so I have to override_validate_mode to get 800x480. it works great
and looks just fine. even 7.3 is pretty snappy on this poor old p5 166.
Please install kernel-utils, and run the dmi-decode utility, and attach
the information it provides.
RSD PTR found at 0xF4640
PNP BIOS present.
appears that the bios is broken with regards to dmi information. I found what I
presume to be a newer bios. after buying a floppy, I'll try that bios.
bought floppy drive, updated bios from 7.0 to 8.1, re-ran dmidecode:
RSD PTR found at 0xF4660
PNP BIOS present.
no joy. anything else I can do to help?
Does this system get properly configured under Fedora Core 2? If
not, please update the report for FC2, and we can reassign it to
the config tool.
Thanks in advance.
Since this bugzilla report was filed, there have been several major
updates to the X Window System, which may resolve this issue. Users
who have experienced this problem are encouraged to upgrade to the
latest version of Fedora Core, which can be obtained from:
If this issue turns out to still be reproduceable in the latest
version of Fedora Core, please file a bug report in the X.Org
bugzilla located at http://bugs.freedesktop.org in the "xorg"
Once you've filed your bug report to X.Org, if you paste the new
bug URL here, Red Hat will continue to track the issue in the
centralized X.Org bug tracker, and will review any bug fixes that
become available for consideration in future updates.