Description of Problem:
There seem to be some bad interraction between mozilla-nss and evolution that
causes the connection with some (all?) imaps servers to fail. The error in
evolution is "Server unexcpectedly disconnected: Input/Output error" and when
sniffing the ethernet with ethereal i see the message "TLS Alert (Level: Fatal,
Description: Unknown CA)" be sent from the client to the server
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install the imap server end enable the service in /etc/xinetd.d/imaps
2. reload xinetd
3. create a new test account and log into that account
4. start evolution, and enter 'imap', 'use ssl' and 'localhost' in the second
screen of the 'evolution setup assistant'
5. Click on the 'Check for supported types' in the authentication section
You get the error dialog: "Error while 'Checking Service': Server unexpectedly
dissconnected: Input/output error"
A certfiacte ok/deny dialog.
1) I can connect to localhost/imaps with mozilla w/o any problems
2) If you leave the error dialog up for long enough the mail-backend of
evolution crashes (strack trace available upon request)
What sort of output do you get if you run
openssl s_client -host my.mail.host -port 993
Created attachment 69044 [details]
output from "openssl s_client -host localhost -port 993"
I can not reproduce this with evolution as shipped in phoebe