Bug 71583 - Update Agent fails due to SSL_connect error
Summary: Update Agent fails due to SSL_connect error
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: openssl (Show other bugs)
(Show other bugs)
Version: 7.3
Hardware: i386 Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Nalin Dahyabhai
QA Contact: Brian Brock
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2002-08-15 12:43 UTC by Roger Mason
Modified: 2007-04-18 16:45 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2002-08-15 12:43:21 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Roger Mason 2002-08-15 12:43:17 UTC
Description of Problem:  Recent 7.3 updates have caused my RHN Up2date to 
fail with ssl_connect errors.


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
 openssl-0.9.6b-28


How Reproducible: Run Update Agent under RH7.3 w/all current package 
updates as of 08/12/02


Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run Update Agent
2. 
3. 

Actual Results: see example below

[roger@bubba roger]$ up2date
Error communicating with server.  The message was:
SSL_connect error

I also tried rerunning rhn_register. Results below

[roger@bubba roger]$ rhn_register
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #1
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #2
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #3
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #4
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #5


Expected Results: Update Agent runs normally.


Additional Information:

Comment 1 Roger Mason 2002-08-17 16:08:39 UTC
  Problem was my system realtime clock. My RTC is losing time, I assume 
causing a problem with SSL certification. As soon as I updated my system clock 
to current date $ time, RHN Up2date functions properly.

  Problem resolved.

Comment 2 Andrew Hutchinson 2003-09-08 10:14:23 UTC
I had this same problem, however, my realtime clock was set to the correct time.
 I overcame this problem by running rhn_register --configure and changing the
7th option (serverURL) to http rather than https.. you'll have to do a similar
thing to get up2date working also.. 


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.