Description of problem:
If you have multiple "identities" for the single e-mail
account, you can choose one in an From: selection droplist.
Recently that stopped to produce the desired effect:
no matter what you choose in the mail composer, the
mail will be sent with the default identity.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use Edit->Account Settings->Manage Identities to add some
2. Click "Write" button, and in the composer choose the identity in the
3. Click "Save" button
4. Check that saved mail in drafts
The default identity is used
Chosen identity is used
Very recent and serious regression!
Created attachment 521399 [details]
screenshot of the editor sending
Created attachment 521400 [details]
screenshot of the receiving message
Thanks for the bug report. We have reviewed the information you have provided above, and there is some additional information we require that will be helpful in our diagnosis of this issue.
I cannot reproduce here with thunderbird-6.0-3.fc16.x86_64 (see the attached screenshots). So, we need more information to be able to reproduce the issue here.
1) Are you able to reproduce this when running thunderbird in the safe mode (i.e., run it with parameter -safe-mode on the command line)
2) Are you able to reproduce the problem with the upstream binary from
3) Are you able to reproduce the problem with a fresh profile?
Thank you for your cooperation and helping to make Fedora more awesome!
We will review this issue again once you've had a chance to attach this information.
Thanks in advance.
Seems to have been fixed already.