Description of problem:
Amarok is killed by signal 11 if I'm listening to a song and search my collection for something that's not there; either a typo such as "Lynr" instead of "Lynyrd" or searching for an album I don't have on my hdd at the moment.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
It does not seem to reproduce if I type gibberish into the search collection pane, like "ASdasasfd".
It happens regardless of what file format I'm playing/searching for.
It doesn't always happen on the first search. Sometimes it won't crash until I've purposely searched for a non-existent item a few times. There doesn't seem to be a constant number of times that it always happens, but it's always happened in less than six searches.
It doesn't seem to happen if you type the incorrect search term too quick. For instance, if I type "Lyn" I see "Stephen Lynch" "Lynyrd Skynyrd" and some tracks featuring David Lynch. If I add an r so the search string is "Lynr" all of the results are eliminated and Amarok crashes.
Does not reproduce if you only have one album by the artist you are searching for.
This only reproduces when Amarok is playing a song while you search.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Amarok
2. Start playing a music file (has happened with both ogg and mp3).
3. Start searching for an artist with many albums in your collection, or many artists with a similar name.
4. Type a letter or character that will eliminate all results.
Amarok would show no results, and possibly mock my spelling.
Attached is the backtrace from gdb. I'd be more than happy to include any needed info, files. I'd also be willing to test any patches/suggestions or anything else I can do to assist with this. Thanks.
Created attachment 518581 [details]
Backtrace of Amarok crashing
added backtrace attachment
please do try out amarok-2.4.3 from updates-testing (should land in stable updates soon).
I believe the update has fixed the problem. I updated to 2.4.3-1 from updates-testing and can not reproduce the crash I was having. Thanks for the info on the update.
This message is a notice that Fedora 14 is now at end of life. Fedora
has stopped maintaining and issuing updates for Fedora 14. It is
Fedora's policy to close all bug reports from releases that are no
longer maintained. At this time, all open bugs with a Fedora 'version'
of '14' have been closed as WONTFIX.
(Please note: Our normal process is to give advanced warning of this
occurring, but we forgot to do that. A thousand apologies.)
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, feel free to reopen
this bug and simply change the 'version' to a later Fedora version.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we were unable to fix it before Fedora 14 reached end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora, you are encouraged to click on
"Clone This Bug" (top right of this page) and open it against that
version of Fedora.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here: