Description of problem:
My freshly installed and updated f15 system doesn't boot using any of the 3.0 based kernels - including the official f15 2.6.40 kernel updates. They all get stuck after the "Started /home" message. Booting in runlevels 3 and 1 don't help either (gets stuck at the same place).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Install any of the 3.0 based kernel updates, reboot system.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Update the system so 3.0 based kernels get instaled
2. Reboot the system
System fails to boot up in any runlevel. Initially hangs for a while at "Started /home". After a few minutes, some more messages come up and finally it stops at udevd[###]: worker [###] failed while handling '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:13.2/usb2/2-5/2-5:1.0/video4linux/video0'
System should bootup normally. Had no issues with earlier kernels.
- Other distros (Ubuntu Oneric) boot fine with the new kernels on this system.
- No proprietary drivers are in use.
- My hardware is a DELL INSPIRON M102z AMD Fusion (E-350) based netbook.
- lshw: http://fpaste.org/FcEM
- lspci: http://fpaste.org/P86J
- More info with screenshots: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=268395
Is this still happening with 2.6.43/3.3?
(In reply to comment #1)
> Is this still happening with 2.6.43/3.3?
Nope, this was fixed a couple of kernel updates later. The current kernels work fine.
Thank you for letting us know.