Description of problem:
VDR cannot tune my PCTV 290e DVB-T2 adapter into any HD channel.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
All the time.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Plug DVB-T2 adapter into PC.
2. Generate new channels.conf file for w_scan, confirming that HD channels are present.
3. Start VDR, and select one of the HD channels.
VDR front end displays blank window with message "No signal", and entries in channels.conf file are not updated.
VDR displays HD channel.
The lines in my channels.conf file say:
BBC One HD;BBC:554000:I999B8C999D999M999T999G999Y999:T:27500:6601:0:0:0:17540:0:0:0
Channel 4 HD;CHANNEL FOUR:554000:I999B8C999D999M999T999G999Y999:T:27500:301:0:0:0:17664:0:0:0
I am expecting VDR to replace the "999" values with the tuned results.
This is almost certainly already fixed in VDR 1.7.x.
VDR 1.7.21 is now in Rawhide. I don't have a way to test DVB-T2 myself nor do I plan to push the 1.7.x update to F-16 and earlier due to its development status and potential backward compatibility issues, but if you're adventurous, this is what I'm currently running with my F-15 based VDR setup:
1) vdr and vdr-text2skin Rawhide SRPMS locally rebuilt for F-15 in mock. The Rawhide vdr binary package would require a glibc upgrade, and the text2skin binary package from Rawhide doesn't work on F-15 due to some GraphicsMagick differences.
2) All other vdr* packages I use are from Rawhide as is: installed the fedora-release-rawhide package and added these lines to /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo's [rawhide] section: