Description of problem:
* I had a damaged FS which fsck could not repair
* systemd then was asking for a root password to enter what I think it
called the emergency repair shell or some such
While doing this it did not tell plymouth to switch back to textmode
(or it did but plymouth did not listen), so I never saw the rootprompt
* Booting without rhgb on the cmdline I get the sulogin prompt, enter the
root password -> hang. Press CTRL+C sulogin again, enter the (correct)
root password again -> hang again, and I could press CTRL+C again,
which would redo from start.
sulogin to get to an emergency shell to manually repair a broken FS does
not work (seems to hang).
I am pretty sure this is this fix:
Will be in F16 soon.
systemd-36-2.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 16 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing systemd-36-2.fc16'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
systemd-36-3.fc16 has been pushed to the Fedora 16 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.