Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 739183
Old file contents not displaying in "scenario #7"
Last modified: 2012-02-07 14:24:40 EST
Created attachment 523592 [details]
Description of problem: Old file contents not displaying in scenario #7.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. There is a network partition. My configuration was server on Linux, and agent on my PC ...connected by wifi.
2. I created a Drift configuration ...filesystem ... to a dirrectory on the PC
2. I simulated network failure (I turned wifi off)
3. I edit'd an existing file in the directory being watched by drift
4. I turned wifi back on
5. Drift changeset occurs correctly.
6. Minor issue is that on the detail page, the old file says "File Not Ready For Viewing" (see attachment)
Contents of old file cannot be viewed
Contents of old file can be viewed
Additional info: attachment
Created attachment 523593 [details]
Added support for resending content.
commit hash: 339d435bb20f550567ec68d87eeb2fbb8171a98b
from the commit log...
Server now sends acknowledgement to agent when change set content is persisted
This commit adds some error handling around sending change set content
from agent to server. Previously, if the server failed to receive or
persist content, the agent would never know. Now the server sends an
In a future commit, I will add support for resending content during
inventory sync for anything that has not been acked.
and the commit that adds logic for resending content during inventory sync,
commit hash: 0f67cf2bd3aa8aa9d54abdfbda3c0002dc9f23ba
changing status of VERIFIED BZs for JON 2.4.2 and JON 3.0 to CLOSED/CURRENTRELEASE