Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 73952
Does not work when installed with an umask of 077 and messes filesystem
Last modified: 2013-07-02 22:59:45 EDT
Description of Problem:
Because this package contains unowned directories, they will be created
with the current umask. When having restrictive administrator settings
(umask 077) ordinary user will not have access to them and can not use
Another problem occurs when removing packages. Then orphaned directories
| $ rpm -qf /usr/include/dbi /usr/include/dbi/dbd.h
| file /usr/include/dbi is not owned by any package
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. umask 077
2. make sure that libdbi-devel is uninstalled completely
(rm -rf /usr/include/dbi)
3. rpm -U libdbi-devel-0.6.5-2.i386.rpm
4. ls -l /usr/include/dbi
5. try to use the programs/scripts/libraries/data of the package as
6. rpm -e libdbi-devel-0.6.5-2
* at 4:
| drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 13 16:45 /usr/include/dbi
* files can not be found/read at 5 and
* /usr/include/dbi still exists after 6.
Ton, please have a look.
Specfile fixed in CVS, still need to push to build process.
Fix verified in rawhide.