Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 73968
Does not work when installed with an umask of 077 and messes filesystem
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:03 EDT
Description of Problem:
Because this package contains unowned directories, they will be created
with the current umask. When having restrictive administrator settings
(umask 077) ordinary user will not have access to them and can not use
Another problem occurs when removing packages. Then orphaned directories
| $ rpm -qf /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/optik /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/optik/__init__.py
| file /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/optik is not owned by any package
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. umask 077
2. make sure that python-optik is uninstalled completely
(rm -rf /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/optik)
3. rpm -U python-optik-1.3-2.noarch.rpm
4. ls -l /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/optik
5. try to use the programs/scripts/libraries/data of the package as
6. rpm -e python-optik-1.3-2
* at 4:
| drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 13 17:04 /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/optik
* files can not be found/read at 5 and
* /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/optik still exists after 6.
Right. Distutils problem, I'll try to patch it and ship the patch upstream.
Added the directory. Not really nice, oh well. Should be in Rawhide.
Fix verified. Thanks.