Description of Problem:
Because this package contains unowned directories, they will be created
with the current umask. When having restrictive administrator settings
(umask 077) ordinary user will not have access to them and can not use
Another problem occurs when removing packages. Then orphaned directories
| $ rpm -qf /usr/share/rpm2html /usr/share/rpm2html/msg.
| file /usr/share/rpm2html is not owned by any package
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. umask 077
2. make sure that rpm2html is uninstalled completely
(rm -rf /usr/share/rpm2html)
3. rpm -U rpm2html-1.7-8.i386.rpm
4. ls -l /usr/share/rpm2html
5. try to use the programs/scripts/libraries/data of the package as
6. rpm -e rpm2html-1.7-8
* at 4:
| drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 13 18:00 /usr/share/rpm2html
* files can not be found/read at 5 and
* /usr/share/rpm2html still exists after 6.
rpm2html has been dropped from the distribution for quite a
while now. This won't get fixed.