Description of Problem:
Because this package contains unowned directories, they will be created
with the current umask. When having restrictive administrator settings
(umask 077) ordinary user will not have access to them and can not use
Another problem occurs when removing packages. Then orphaned directories
| $ rpm -qf /var/www/cgi-bin /var/www/cgi-bin/htsearch
| file /var/www/cgi-bin is not owned by any package
Perhaps it should require the virtual 'webserver' package.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. umask 077
2. make sure that htdig-web is uninstalled completely
(rm -rf /var/www/cgi-bin)
3. rpm -U htdig-web-3.2.0-7.20020505.i386.rpm
4. ls -l /var/www/cgi-bin
5. try to use the programs/scripts/libraries/data of the package as
6. rpm -e htdig-web-3.2.0-7.20020505
* at 4:
| drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 13 18:44 /var/www/cgi-bin
* files can not be found/read at 5 and
* /var/www/cgi-bin still exists after 6.
Added new Requires: for the htdig-web package. Makes a lot of sense anyway.
Read ya, Phil