Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 74019
Does not work when installed with an umask of 077 and messes filesystem
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:03 EDT
Description of Problem:
Because this package contains unowned directories, they will be created
with the current umask. When having restrictive administrator settings
(umask 077) ordinary user will not have access to them and can not use
Another problem occurs when removing the package because orphaned
directories will remaining.
| $ rpm -qf /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/constants /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/constants/CLIENT.py
| file /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/constants is not owned by any package
(Please visit the given URL for a complete list of affected directories)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How Reproducible: 100%
Steps to Reproduce:
0. make a minimal installation
1. umask 077
2. make sure that MySQL-python is uninstalled completely
(rm -rf /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/constants)
3. rpm -U MySQL-python-0.9.1-4.i386.rpm
4. ls -l /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/constants
5. try to use the programs/scripts/libraries/data of the package as
6. rpm -e MySQL-python-0.9.1-4
* at 4:
| drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 13 21:49 /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/constants
* files can not be found/read at 5 and
* /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/constants still exists after 6.
Yes, the directory in question is not created explicitly. This results in
the incorrect umask being used.
This should be available in Rawhide within the next couple of days (built and
verified today) depending on when it gets picked up.