Description of problem:
Publican 2.8 does not check for compatibility when it builds content packaged by older, incompatible versions
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Package a book using an obsolete (<2.5) version of Publican
2. Attempt to build the book from the package in an environment that has Publican 2.8 installed
Package gets built
Build should fail with a message that the package was created with an obsolete version of Publican
Re-added API check. Added extra check for post-commit DB hook, will not run check if DB update hooks are missing.
Committed revision 1903.
For verification, can we get older versions of publican from brew?
Would the verification steps be:
* ensure brew has publican v2.8 installed (which it should by default, yes?)
1. yum downgrade publican (to revert to non-testing version).
2. Uninstall publican.
3. Install old publican package.
4. Test fix.