Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 743578
difficult upgrade from F15 to F16beta
Last modified: 2011-10-05 08:53:37 EDT
Description of problem:
I had a bad experience upgrading to fedora 16 beta from fedora 15. Because the system now is in a bad state I cant easily debug, therefore this report is lacking in quality.
- I upgraded using preupgrade. this was smooth.
- after reboot the new gnome gdm screen showed up. Surprisingly I had difficulty logging in. Entering the pwd did nothing. After clicking around in the gdm screen I was finaly able to login. Subseequent logins had the same issue.
- after finaly logging in, the gnome shell did not start properly. The window manager or whatever didnt start so there were no window borders. I couldnt start new programs or anything. weird.
- after telinit 3 and loging in as my user at the prompt, I could startx from the prompt, thus bypassing gdm.
- now gnome runs in "safe" mode.
- 3d acceleration looks ok with glxgears and glxinfo
- pulseaudio doesnt work
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
(In reply to comment #0)
> - I upgraded using preupgrade. this was smooth.
So why did you open the bug against preuprade...
You need to file specific bugs against the other components, I can't debug all the issues on this bug. Sorry.