Description of Problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login with gdm
2. Open nautilus by choosing "GNOME Menu/Home Folder"
3. Choose nautilus menu "Edit/Preferences"
4. Click "Desktop and Trash"
5. Uncheck "Use Nautilus to draw the desktop"
6. Close all open windows
8. At next login the splash screen wont go away unless you re-select the
previously unchecked checkbox
Splash screen hangs
Splash screen should go away and no icons should be shown on desktop
This works fine for me with at fresh install of 8.0. I followed your steps exactly.
Odd - I can not reproduce it anymore either.
There's one other bug report of splash screen getting stuck.
I haven't seen any recent reports of this, so let's assume fixed pending further
*** Bug 76160 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***