Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 75238
TypeError: len() of unsized object in bootloaderInfo.py
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:47:13 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.0 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20020408
Description of problem:
1) Installation aborts on anaconda type error. anacdump.txt attached
2) anaconda.txt included a password which I had to remove before publishing to
the whole world here :-(
How reproducible: Didn't try, but it looks deterministic.
Created attachment 78964 [details]
As dumped by anaconda, but passwords edited.
1) Media checked: OK.
2) Installation was via bootnet.img
3) Upgrade from 7.3 using FTP so text mode
4) Repeated 3 times: reproducible.
5) Attempt to upgrade via NFS rather than ftp did not hit *this* bug :-(
Failed while install in progress: yet to be investigated.
What did the bootloader upgrade screen say about th ebootloader you currently
Closing due to inactivity. Please reopen if you have additional information to
add to this report.
1) The system (which is old) boots via dos: so anacoda could find
neither lilo nor grub. It correctly asked what to do and I selected "skip
the boot loader" option.
2) I have now successfully upgraded the machine using the graphical
installer via NFS.The bug that I mentioned there was filesystem falling
over when it encountered /usr/tmp as an existing directory. It tried to
make it a sym link to ../var/tmp. It was a directory /usr/tmp for
historical reasons when the root partition was almost full.
This unrelated bug might be a problem:
a) with filesystem;
b) with rpm not being able to cope with unexpected errors;
c) with anaconda not being able to correct the problem.
(2) is not directly relevant to this 75238 which seems to be outstanding
in the textual install option.
This is fixed in CVS now
I'm going through Bugzilla closing some bugs that have been marked as Modified
for some period of time. I believe that most of these issues have been fixed,
so I'm resolving these bugs as Rawhide. If the bug you are seeing still exists,
please reopen this report and mark it as Reopened.