Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 752412
Display Issues with table views in Administration->Users and Roles in Firefox 3.0.18
Last modified: 2011-11-10 03:04:57 EST
Description of problem:
1. The create new user screen in Firefox 3.0.18 displays vary narrow tables 'Available Roles' and 'Assigned Roles'. It displays the scroll bar but it is very difficult for the user to scroll or to see the available roles in the tables. The arrows to assign the roles looks misplaced.
2. Similar issue with the roles views. The tables in tabs 'Resource Groups', 'Users' and 'LDAP Groups' look compressed and so the arrow controls look placed at the bottom of these tables.
Please refer the attached screenshots.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Build Version: Jon 3.0.0.CR1 Build Number: d4d8567:2ef9c8f
Browser Version : Firefox 3.0.18
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login as rhqadmin in FF 3.0.18
2. Navigate to Administration->Security->Users
3. click on the New button.
4. View the tables 'Available Roles' and 'Assigned Roles'
The tables 'Available Roles' and 'Assigned Roles' look compressed.
The tables 'Available Roles' and 'Assigned Roles' should be displayed correctly and user should be able to scroll and view the available roles in the tables.
These views look good in full screen mode, (Pressing F11 key)
Created attachment 532559 [details]
Created attachment 532560 [details]
Created attachment 532561 [details]
Created attachment 532562 [details]
Is FF3 the new IE6 ? :-/
How does it look in a more recent FF3.x version? Also some of the issue maybe
to do with having a very small browser window?
Tested on FF 3.0.18 and FF 3.6.3 versions. These issues are observed in regular window size. Viewing in full screen mode (pressing F11 key), it looks proper on these browser versions.
In latest FF3.x version (FF 3.6.23) the table views look good in regular window size.
However, above issues are observed when resizing to the smaller window in latest FF3.x version (FF 3.6.23). Please refer the screenshot of create new user screen resized to small window size.
Created attachment 532747 [details]