This service will be undergoing non-disruptive maintenance at 07:20 UTC, 2018-12-14. It is expected to last approximately 30 minutes
Bug 75371 - Undefined subroutine &CGI::unescape called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/CGI/Cookie.pm line 75.
Summary: Undefined subroutine &CGI::unescape called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/CGI/Cookie...
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: perl (Show other bugs)
(Show other bugs)
Version: 7.2
Hardware: i386 Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Warren Togami
QA Contact: David Lawrence
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2002-10-07 19:50 UTC by Thomas Cameron
Modified: 2007-04-18 16:47 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-05-28 07:07:16 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Thomas Cameron 2002-10-07 19:50:51 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

Description of problem:
After upgrading perl RPMs, I started getting the error:

[Mon Oct  7 13:59:01 2002] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script 
headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/foo.pl
Undefined subroutine &CGI::unescape called 
at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/CGI/Cookie.pm line 75.
Attempt to free unreferenced scalar.


In the file /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/CGI/Cookie.pm, line 75 needs to be changed 
from :

values = map CGI::unescape($_),split(/[&;]/,$value.'&dmy');

to:

values = map CGI::Util::unescape($_),split(/[&;]/,$value.'&dmy');

I shamelessly ripped this off from a Debian bug report.  ;-)

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Perform default install of RH 7.2
2. Grap all patches
3. Apply said patches
4. Get yelled at by the client when the web site stops working.


Actual Results:  I am NOT a perl hacker, I prolly can't explain exactly what 
happened, but after the upgrades to perl 5.6, we started getting a 500 internal 
server error on web page built from perl script.

Expected Results:  Customer should be able to order product from web site.

Additional info:

Comment 1 Warren Togami 2005-05-28 07:07:16 UTC
Closing due to lack of activity and likely fixed in modern perl.  If this is
still an issue in RHEL4, FC3 or FC4 please open a new bug with new test
information and exact versions of packages.



Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.